3 cups juice from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 3 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice)
1/4 cup sugar
juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 2 tablespoons POM POMS Fresh Arils)
2 tablespoons POM Molasses
1/4 lb. Point Reyes blue cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon caper juice
1/2 tablespoon minced chives
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice, if necessary.*
- Combine pomegranate juice, sugar and juice from one lemon in a saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce until a very thick syrup forms that can thickly coat the back of a spoon, then cool to room temperature.
*For 3 cups of juice, cut 6–9 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
- Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.**
- Place eggs in a room-temperature pot.
- Place water in another pot and bring to boil.
- Pour boiling water over eggs and bring to simmer. Simmer for 11 minutes only.
- Peel immediately under cold water.
- Split in half and remove the yolks.
- Pass yolks through an icing rack or tamis.
- Place in a bowl and mix together with the mayonnaise, mustard, caper juice and minced chives. Season to taste.
**To prepare fresh arils, score 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1⁄8 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Fill egg white half with 1 tablespoon deviled egg filling and top with a sprinkling of blue cheese.
- Drizzle POM Molasses on plate. Garnish each deviled egg with 1/2 teaspoon of arils.