- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates or 1 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 1 bunch mizuna, cleaned and large stems removed
- 1 head radicchio, cleaned and torn into 3" pieces
- 2 heads endive, leaves removed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 head frisée lettuce, cleaned and core removed
- 2 blood oranges, cut into supremes or thin slices
- 2 navel oranges, cut into supremes or thin slices
Vinaigrette: 1. Whisk together the vinegar and the olive oil. 2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Salad: 1. Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.* 2. In a large mixing bowl combine the mizuna, radicchio, endive, arugula, frisée, arils and citrus segments with the vinaigrette. 3. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste. 4. Distribute evenly among 6 plates.
*To prepare fresh arils, score 1–2 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)