2 cups juice from POM Wonderful Pomegranates or 2 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
3 16-oz. New York steaks
sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
sliced green onions
1. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice, if necessary.*
2. Combine all liquid ingredients and coriander seeds in a heavy duty sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Let simmer, skimming off any impurities that may rise to the top, until 1 cup remains and the reduction is thick and syrupy but not burned and sticky. Keep warm.
1. Season the steaks with sea salt. Place steaks on the grill, and turn them over every 30 seconds for 6 minutes.
2. After 6 minutes (12 turns), brush the steaks with POM Reduction and continue to cook, turning every 30 seconds for 4 more minutes. Brush the steaks with the reduction every turn.
3. After 10 minutes of total grilling, transfer steaks to a wire rack with a tray underneath and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes of resting, brush the steaks again and place back on the grill. Cook for another 4 minutes, turning and brushing with the reduction every 30 seconds.
5. Transfer back to the wire rack and let rest for another 5 minutes. At this point the steaks will be medium rare.
6. Continue cooking in the same manner until desired doneness.
1. Slice each steak into 4 pieces, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked peppercorns.
2. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
*For 2 cups of juice, cut 4–6 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.